Author Topic: Update better?????  (Read 3249 times)

Walker

Update better?????
« on: September 19, 2003, 02:46:45 PM »
Guy's,

I might be speaking prematurely, I hope not. But the latest update to the Avast program (whatever version it is!? (auto downloads etc)) ***seems*** to have stabilised my system crash/freeze (re thread with that header) problems.

I do realise you are all busy, but it would save me a lot of headaches if you could tell if you would expect this to happen. ie were there any 'crash' issues in the previous version that have now been resolved?.

I have been loading and re-loading the OS and applications for days trying to identify the problem and things were pointing toward Avast. If you've added any fixes for something like this, I'd love to know so that I might be able to stop looking. Also I think I would remove Avast and re-install by downloading the complete package rather than letting the updates do the job.

Any thoughts please.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Update better?????
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 11:22:43 PM »
I do realise you are all busy, but it would save me a lot of headaches if you could tell if you would expect this to happen. ie were there any 'crash' issues in the previous version that have now been resolved?.

Hmm, I'm sorry to say but NO, not really.

ONLY IF you still had the 4.0.235 drivers installed (might be the case as the 4.1.260 updater was far from perfect), but given the crash dump you sent me I really doubt this particular crash could have anything to do w/ avast...

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Walker

Re:Update better?????
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 12:02:29 AM »
Hi Vlk, thanks for the reply.

This is strange, the only thing I know to have changed on this machine is the Avast updates and it has gone from being crash hell to solid as a rock... which pleases me greatly. However, I'm of the disposition to like peace of mind and as it is I'm left wondering.

I assume Kubecj saw *something* in the file dates I posted in another thread, as he asked me to send the setup log... which I have done... twice. I asked a few times what the diagnosis was but don't seem to get a response (no critisism), so this leaves me wondering!.

I'm not asking so that I have something to complain about... I rate Avast the best AV... I would be a happy bunny if Kubecj said there WAS a problem with the updater/files/drivers... I'd then have peace of mind to re-load all of my OS and Avast again with the knowledge that a problem had been identified.

I actually think that I might have been loading Avast in between the two versions you mention, so some kind of confirmation/ acknowledgement of the setup log would be great.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2003, 12:03:30 AM by Walker »