Author Topic: Setting Global "Exclusions" aren't global  (Read 3807 times)

jamieburchell

Setting Global "Exclusions" aren't global
« on: March 30, 2005, 04:54:09 PM »
Hi

I recently needed to exclude a file from being wrongly detected as a virus.

I went: Right Click (a) > Program Settings > Exclusions

In there it says any exclusions defined there are global throughout all areas of the Avast! Software. With this in mind I added the file to the list and restarted Avast!.

The On Access Scanner still alerted me that this file "is a virus" when I clicked on the file or did something with it.

It seems with testing that the settings I applied only applied to the manual scan where the file was excluded from scanning.

I then went: Right Click (a) > On Access Protection Control > Standard Shield > Customise > Advanced and put the file in there too and this stopped the On Access scanner from reporting the alert.

Shouldn't the first setting have applied globally throughout all of Avast! as that section suggested it would?

Jamie

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Setting Global "Exclusions" aren't global
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 05:09:49 PM »
Shouldn't the first setting have applied globally throughout all of Avast! as that section suggested it would?

I think the first setting is only for on-demmand and the second for the on-access too... Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the help file could have a better explanation than "applied to all avast areas"
The best things in life are free.

jamieburchell

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 05:12:26 PM »
This certainly does seem to be the behavour but it does say in the first section that items added to the list will be applied globally throughout all areas of avast!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 09:59:46 AM »
You are right, the text is not precise - the mentioned setting affects all avast! tasks, except for the resident protection (namely Standard Shield), which has its own setting.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 05:38:16 PM »
You are right, the text is not precise - the mentioned setting affects all avast! tasks, except for the resident protection (namely Standard Shield), which has its own setting.

Can you correct it and send us the help files for translation?
The best things in life are free.