Author Topic: Well, you're doing new things  (Read 2673 times)

beep

Well, you're doing new things
« on: May 17, 2013, 02:46:26 AM »
And this is just unutterably cool. Ok, you know by now I am sure that Adobe has dropped Ninite down the drain, Flash-wise, for reasons that we can only guess at and only if we look deep into the minds of some seriously damaged objects that may in fact claim to be human. So. Now I don't even have to depend on Ninite for Flash updates. They are still very seriously my go to for java updates and, yes, yes, I know but LibreOffice seems to like it and I do make certain it is turned off in the browsers. Ninite actually managed to get java working again (you DO know that it needs to be removed and that doing so can put you into a wonderful Catch-22 of no, you cannot update it because it is already there, no you cannot update it because it isn't there. Uh, Fuck you Larry. Ninite fixed that with no effing Ask thingy included). I am the goto guy here at public housing and Avast! is what I recommend to anyone. Lord, I spent a couple of days cleaning up a guys' computer that was just eaten with bad crap (eh, don't buy a computer from a 'friend'). Avast! (lord, I really HATE that damn bang mark! Lose it) found bunches of crap in the machine, which now runs far better than my own XP machine. Am still trying to figure that out....Acutally, I think it is slowly dieing.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Well, you're doing new things
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:00:34 AM »
Is there a question in there as I can make no sense of this at all.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ComputerRepairTech

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
Assumed translation:

Ninite use to update adobe but now its only ninite pro.

Ninite did the updates silently.

Avast doesn't it prompts me to uninstall but then when I uninstall it doesnt do the update because its not installed.  (sorry I use ninite pro and don't use avast for the third party program updates so I could not say if this is normal....i doubt its normal).

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »
Is there a question in there as I can make no sense of this at all.
Sounds like alcohol induced jibberish  ???

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
Spam!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.