Author Topic: Initiate a scan manually without autostart of a default scan?  (Read 1800 times)

emarell

Have I missed some setting or other (Avast 8.4.1489)?

Any time I access the gray "Scan" button on the home page of the UI - because I want to run a scan - a Quick scan automatically starts. Immediately!

Generally (not always) I click into that area to initiate a Full scan. So I have to stop the Quick scan first... annoying. On the other hand, I don't want to specify the Full scan as default and have that autostart either.

Can't I have no scan start until I choose which one?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Initiate a scan manually without autostart of a default scan?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 06:56:21 PM »
Not really. The purpose of the "scan" button is to start a scan. You may select a scan GUI>Security>Anti-Virus>select scan.
If you don't select a default scan avast will run a quick scan.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

emarell

Re: Initiate a scan manually without autostart of a default scan?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »
I see. Two access routes... one (that gray button) autostarts the default scan; the other route - you've supplied - does not.

Thank you.

But for the Avast staff who may read this, I must comment that this UI (I mean version 8's) is more confusing to me than its predecessor.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:59:11 PM by emarell »