Author Topic: CNN's DISQUS (discussion boards/forums) won't load in IE 9  (Read 5439 times)

Scrittore

Can't seem to find out how to set AVAST up to allow access to DISQUS - which is CNN's program for discussion boards. The login for DISQUS and all of the comments in which engagement can be done after logging into DISQUS appear when a storyline is chosen from CNN main screen (for most topics).

Any one - a little help?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: CNN's DISQUS (discussion boards/forums) won't load in IE 9
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
What errors or alerts are you getting ?

Have you tried using another browser, to see if this is an IE related problem ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Scrittore

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »
Sorry I didn'r reply to your reply! Moving and up to my hairline in problems with that!

DISQUS has been loading with Chrome - but can't get it to load with IE9 - which I have noted appear elsewhere on the NET.

So - is there a "filter" or an "ok", etc., that has to be set in AVAST to allow DISQUS to "communicate" or "get through" (trying to use DISQUS on CNN blogs)

Tks and again, sorry for not responding in a more timely manner

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:43:15 PM »
That is why I asked if it worked with other browsers as avast should work in the same way for all browsers.

Unfortunately there is no specific setting to allow disqus as such (that isn't set) or it wouldn't work on any browser.

I don't use IE to browse and on this XP Pro system I only have IE8 and on my win7 system I have IE10 so I can't really test anything. I can connect to the news.blogs.cnn.com using IE8, but it wants to install activeX for flash player. I don't know if IE9 might have additional security settings/measures to block this and subsequently the page/s.

The activeX incorporated in IE is a major reason I don't use it as activeX is a big target for malware exploits/writers.

If you can post some URLs used to get to these functions hopefully someone with IE9 can try.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security