Author Topic: Avast Resubscription  (Read 1756 times)

DBenjamin85

Avast Resubscription
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:50:26 PM »
I'm not far off needing to update my subscription to avast! and had a few questions to help me decide whether or not I should carry on using avast or use another product instead.

Avast on Testing sites
----------------------------

I was nosing round a number of AV Testing sites and noticed that Avast Internet Security doesn't really appear on them... I see mention of Avast! Free as a reliable free AV but when it comes to the paid products, it seems like bitdefender and Norton seem to hog the airwaves.  I was just wondering why this was... I've been using IS for the past year and bar a few issues where I've needed to reinstall (more times than any other av product) it seems to have been in working order.

Though I have had some reservations about the product itself I have to say that it has one of the best communities I've been on, with people so will to help and actual give honest advice as opposed to just bigging up Avast!  We all know that no AV is perfect, nor can it block things 100% of the time.  I just want to think carefully when it comes to what I have as my AV... so I'd welcome any advise as to why I should stick with it. :)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Avast Resubscription
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:54:54 PM »
Avast is so confident in its product that it only puts the free up for AV testing..  As the engine and definitions are the same

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Resubscription
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »
I have to say that it has one of the best communities I've been on, with people so will to help and actual give honest advice as opposed to just bigging up Avast!
Thank you. We - users and team - do our best to make it the best place to receive help and support: it's the forum atmosphere :)
The best things in life are free.