Author Topic: HELP!!! Problem with Gmail and others  (Read 2811 times)

ponko

HELP!!! Problem with Gmail and others
« on: May 16, 2005, 07:12:19 AM »
I just today installed Avast Pro 4.6 in a WinXP Home.  Since then  Script bloking keeps me from using gmail, among others (Including my Internet Banking).

I tried adding Gmail to the "exceptions list" and nothing... the page does not load at all. 

HELP!!!!

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: HELP!!! Problem with Gmail and others
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 05:55:39 PM »
Avast! doesn't block Gmail at all. I'm using it every single day, and many of other forum members do too.

Why don't you install Firefox, and then go to your online banking ? avast! doesn't have script blocker for Firefox, so you'll see where is your problem...

Also, Script bloker is not the one that blocks that stuff... it's a web shield. If you are using ZoneAlarm Pro as your firewall, web shield could give you some troubles accessing some sites, because guys from ZoneLabs still didn't do anything regarding incompatibility issues with avast! web shield. You still can go through proxies or completely disable avast! web shield. Search these forums for advice on how to do that...

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

kamulko

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 06:06:41 PM »
In the recent past some other guy had a similar problem. I don't find the posts now. But I don't think the cause is Avast! because I use different bank-webservices for my operations with money and I never had troubles. Try to see if this site requests cookies enabled, java, javascripts, etcetera. Maybe your browser's security settings have  heavy restrictions. I use Firefox buth also IE6 and Opera sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 06:08:16 PM by Kamulko! »

sded

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 06:29:20 PM »
Your banking and gmail both use https:// (port 443) which is not redirected or scanned by avast!  Check under webshield/customize to make sure you are only redirecting port 80.  What browser are you using?  Have you set up a proxy for it?  Are you using a firewall?  Another proxy?