Author Topic: Sim card reader broke on phone. Siren alarm wont shut off, cant access phone  (Read 2137 times)

billy d squires

Sim card reader broke. Doesnt recognize sim card at all. Got new phone. Now I need to access info on old phone, like documents, etc. Alarm siren wont shut off and announcement that the phone is lost or stolen wont shut off. Also, says if is failing to send temporary pin, probably due to no sim card due to bad reader. How can I get my documents off the old phone?

Second I want still use my old phone for the camera, video, newsfeeds, downloads, mp3 player, etc at work, where we cant make phone calls anyway. How can I do this?

Thanks

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
answered via PN

billy d squires

I ended up putting the simcard from my replacement phone in it, which then allowed for the screen to come up where I could enter my security code. Then it was fine. Without the sim card, there was no possibility of typing in the code. So the answer is, if you get anew phone, and want to keep your old one as a mini tablet or ppassit to someone else as a mini tablet, put in a random sim card, then type in your security code and you will be fine.
 :D