Author Topic: W32.Swen.a@mm  (Read 7014 times)

Offline michel

W32.Swen.a@mm
« on: September 19, 2003, 07:23:28 PM »
hello avast team,

the last days i received very much e-mails with virusses into it,my provider telenet tell me that is a mass-mailer virus and go true e-mail or p2p like kazaa...so my question is do avast know this virus or know this with another name:W32.Swen.a@mm
my povider use norton antivirus.
 ::)
greetings,
michel.

shooter

Re:W32.Swen.a@mm
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 07:39:21 PM »
michel, installer kazaa lite is!!
is virus vrij!!
en nederlands stallig
stefan

Waldo

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 03:51:06 PM »
Yes, Avast does detect Swen.

Btw : welkom op de avast support forums > telenet gebruiker :)

Waldo

adkel

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 03:30:42 AM »
Hi there

My daugther opened the microsoft file that the w32.swen virus is linked to and now my computer is riddled with it i downloaded avast last night and i thought i had got rid of it but i am still getting emails i had 52 yesterday, msn keeps shutting down as well i have downloaded a mailcleaner but that doesnt seem to work,

please help

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 10:01:19 AM »
If you ran avast Virus Cleaner, you should be free of swen (unless you started it again).
Try to download the latest Cleaner and check again.

It is possible that you are getting Swen e-mails... that's caused by the fact that some other people, who have your e-mail address (or got an e-mail from you in the past) got also infected and now Swen is spreading and sending itself to your own address. You can't do anything about it, I'm afraid - it is not connected to you.

kareld

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 10:12:40 AM »
Dear adkel,
   Avast finds and cleans the virus Swen. The arriving messages doesn't mean your computer is infected. They are sent from infected computers of other people, having you e-mail address in their address books. They will keeping arrive until those people clean their computers as well.
   The only possibility to rid those infected mails is to filter them out on your mailserver. Some Internet providers have virus filtering capability, but to switch it on is usually up to users (the providers cannot take the responsibility to delete a user's mail without his/hers express permission).