Author Topic: Someone/thing Deleted My Start-up keys  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Someone/thing Deleted My Start-up keys
« on: November 22, 2013, 12:24:03 AM »
Hello, Not worried about Malware. I suspect I was goofing off in the reg and accidentaly deleted my start-up keys.

The only one I really worried about is Skype start up key in this path. Can anyone find the key and the type (Qword, Binary, DWORD, etc)

HKEY_Current_User > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Run (Note not RunOnce).

I can't find the stupid key. Any help would be awesome. And No, I won't contact skype they don't answer particularly fast for me

Also, how do I schedule Avast! Quick Scans
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:29:17 AM by alan1998 »
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Someone/thing Deleted My Start-up keys
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 12:39:31 AM »
1. Surely is you manually start Skype and open its settings you can set to start on boot, hopefully that would reinstate the startup entry. I don't use Skype so I can't offer any practical help on the product/settings.

You could also try using the msconfig command open the Startup tab and create a new entry for Skype.

2. Just select the Quick scan, avastUI >  Scan - Quick Scan from the list, now click on the Settings... > Scheduling.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:46:25 AM »
1. Surely is you manually start Skype and open its settings you can set to start on boot, hopefully that would reinstate the startup entry. I don't use Skype so I can't offer any practical help on the product/settings.

You could also try using the msconfig command open the Startup tab and create a new entry for Skype.

2. Just select the Quick scan, avastUI >  Scan - Quick Scan from the list, now click on the Settings... > Scheduling.

I've tried msconfig didn't work... And thanks for telling me how to schedule the QS... Can't do that till tomorrow as my dad grounded me...
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 01:24:55 AM »
You're welcome.

Did you try changing the Skype program settings that I mentioned first ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security