Author Topic: Incompatibility with Prey.  (Read 3480 times)

Integrater

Incompatibility with Prey.
« on: December 21, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
Hi, I just noticed the "Issues" section within Avast. It tells me that I need to "use the new SMS
Remote Control within Avast Mobile Security". Or uninstall Prey, but I'd rather keep them both.

Could someone tell me please how to use the new SMS Remote Control?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Incompatibility with Prey.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 12:11:41 AM »
Hi,

you can access it using the Anti-Theft option on dashboard of Mobile Security.

Filip

Integrater

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:00:33 PM »
I'm not entirely sure I understnd, those are phrases to text my phone to operate avast? And if I use those there will be no incompatibility with Prey?

svehlak

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 11:36:45 AM »
Do I understand well, that Prey is marked as incompatible by Antitheft?

Integrater

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
Yes, if I click the yellow "issues" box that appears at the top I get one issue titled "Incompatible SMS tool found" in the description it then tells me it's Prey and gives info on why it's incompatible.

svehlak

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
Since the antitheft is handling incoming messages, it tries to bring the attention to other apps, which are doing the same. There could be application race (priority issue) where antitheft is trying to get the highest priority (f.e. to be first to handle remote command sent by SMS). In case there are other apps installed, which could take the high priority too (for handling messages), the antitheft could fail to catch the remote command and therefore is an issue for it; you can ignore that warning, but in this case the antitheft may not work properly.

flatav

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 07:34:30 PM »
Hello,
I have a similar problem, but the incompatibility is with GO SMS. I'd like to keep it because I spent a lot of time to make it exactly what I want, with personal settings etc.
I have the same message saying "use the new sms remote control within avast" as an option to not uninstall GO SMS, but I didn't understand what it means...??? What is this "new sms remote control" and how can I choose to use it?
Thanks!!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 12:15:09 PM »
Hi,

the new SMS remote control can be found inside Mobile Security, just tap the Anti-Theft option on dashboard.

Filip