Author Topic: how to disable online security?  (Read 4015 times)

fsas

how to disable online security?
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:25:28 PM »
Hi

I am sure this poblem has been encountered before, but I van not find a solution. I use firefox as a browser, and since I installed avast I have problems with googe and the online security.
It takes clearly more time and often some script does not work or firefox even freezes. i would like to disable the online security but I can not find any option anywehere. How do i do this?

thanks. Anjo

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: how to disable online security?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:30:38 PM »
what do you mean by online security?

fsas

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
I have been told that the problem is caused by avast online security. it is (as far as I know) the part of the tool that is used to give a green "v" next to the line that is given if you use a google search, to indicate the safety of the link.

greetings, Anjo

fsas

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »
this script often does not respond any more:
chrome:/wrc/content/common/scripts/bal.js:854

I do not use chrome as a browser, I use firefox

greetings, Anjo

Rohugh

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »

I do not use chrome as a browser, I use firefox

The Avast Online Security add-on is found in Firefox app menu (top left)>  Add-ons>Extensions.  Click the disable button.

bluemaxmkh

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 03:34:33 PM »
I was having the same problems after upgrading to Avast 2014 and found I had to disable the Avast browser add on in IE 11 and Firefox 26, now problems with Chrome.

fsas

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »
thanks! the problem is gone. i did look for the add-ons  in firefox, but avast was not there. I did however only look in the plug-in section, not in the extensies.

thanks again for he help!

greetings, Anjo

Rohugh

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »
thanks! the problem is gone. i did look for the add-ons  in firefox, but avast was not there. I did however only look in the plug-in section, not in the extensies.

thanks again for he help!

greetings, Anjo

Glad it's sorted.  :)  Not many suffer with this problem,  I have Firefox running quite happily with the AOS extension enabled but for the few that do disabling is the way to go.