Author Topic: trz.tmp  (Read 2028 times)

beastbj

trz.tmp
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:17:01 AM »
Hi.

I seem to be infected with the "trz.tmp" file virus, which transforms many, many files on your computer into trz.tmp files, which from what I understand, are infected.
I'm not getting any popups or anything, but I searched my computer, and I have well over 1,000 trz.tmp files present, all of which I've deleted to the recycling bin, but haven't deleted them from there. I found the files, and can delete them, but I'm pretty sure that won't make the actual virus go away. (I think, I don't really know anything)

Please help me. I don't know what to do. I've tried system restore and it didn't work. I'm scared.
I'm not that great with computers, I'm a beginner when it comes to computer technological stuff, but I'm willing to try my best to get help from you guys to help me get rid of this.
Thanks in advance.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Re: trz.tmp
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »
Hi,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan ensure "List BCD" and "Driver MD5" are ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
=======================================================

Please download GMER, AntiRootkit tool from the link below and save it to your Desktop:

Gmer download link
Note: file will be random named

Double-clicking to run GMER.
  • Wait for initial scan to finish - if there is any query, click No;
  • Click Scan button and wait until the full scan is complete;
  • Click Save ... - save the report to the Desktop (named Gmer );
> Attach here Gmer logreports.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

beastbj

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:54:21 PM »
Before you read this, please know that I'm not quite sure how succesful these scans were. I let my computer scan overnight, and whenever I woke up and moved my mouse to wake my computer up, I could see nothing but a black screen and my mouse pointer. I had to restart my computer by pressing the power button.

Luckily, I found these documents in the Logs folder of the FRST folder, and the GMER.txt is the result of the quick scan I ran with the GMER. If this doesn't provide enough information, and I should try running a full scan again with GMER, let me know...

Here is all that I have.

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »
Hi,

Running these tools is very short process, few minutes. No need to leave your PC overnight.

1. Please download ComboFix by sUBs from here and save it to your Desktop.
If you are unsure how ComboFix works please read this guide carefully.
note: ComboFix must be downloaded to your Desktop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may interfere with Combofix.
If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.

Instructions how to disable avast:
  • Right click on the avast! system tray icon () in the lower right corner of the screen and scroll up to avast! shield controls;
  • In the menu that appears, choose Disable Permanently. When you are prompted to turn off security, click Yes.
Note: Do not forget to turn back on this option after the cleaning by choosing avast! shield controls > Enable all shield options.

3. Run ComboFix. Click on I Agree!

ComboFix will check if there is a newer version of ComboFix available.
Click Yes if prompted to download.

ComboFix will display DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue.

If Recovery Console is not installed, ComboFix will offer download & installation.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to install Recovery Console.
Note:Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running.
If you see a message like "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" just restart computer once more.

4. When the tool is finished, it will produce a log report for you. (typical location: C:\ComboFix.txt )
Attach log reports ( ComboFix.txt) back to topic.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE