Author Topic: Avast prevents from establishing a Socksv5 tunnel  (Read 1586 times)

paulGangsta

Avast prevents from establishing a Socksv5 tunnel
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:04:20 PM »
Dear avast community,

I recently bought avast and everything was working fine except that I wasn't able to establish an SSH Connection to a Linux vServer with either Bitvise SSH Client or PuttY.
Everytime a Connection Fails I get the message
"Starting a new SSH2 session.
Connecting to SSH2 Server *****:993
Starting first key Exchange
Server disconnected without sending a disconnect message" from Bitvise SSH Client.

And when I kill every single Avast Service (except the Firewall!) I try it again and it works.
This is really getting annoying and my question is, do you know how to allow such an SSH Connection with avast?

Hope you can help me,
all the best,
paul

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast prevents from establishing a Socksv5 tunnel
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
Port 993 is usually used for secure pop and such is intercepted by mailshield. Can you try with mailshield off? You can then go to troubleshooting / redirect and either enter the ip of the server into the exclusion list, or remove 993 filtering completely if you use it for the tunnel only.

paulGangsta

Re: Avast prevents from establishing a Socksv5 tunnel
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:21:10 AM »
Thanks a lot for your answer, sadly I didn't found the Option where I can exclude the ip of the Serverfor the mailshield.
So it worked if I just turned the mail shield AND the antispam shield off. So I entered the adress of our Server in the whitelist of the Antispam shield and deactivated 993 filtering and now it's working, thanks for that!