Author Topic: urgent!! anti-theft locked phone and won't respond to commands  (Read 1759 times)

REDACTED

ITS BEEN 4 DAYs NOW SINCE I POSTED THE REQUEST FOR HELP BELOW AND 3 DAYS SINCE I SUBMITTED A TICKETED REQUEST TO AVAST AFTER AVAST ANTI-THEFT MALFUNCTIONED AND LOCKED OUT MY PHONE FOIR NO REASON. SERIOUSLY UNHAPPY WITH THIS LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.   OTHER USERS ARE ASDVISED TO BEWARE THIS COMPANY AND ITS PRODUCTS AS MY EXPERIENCE SUGGESTS ITS ALL JUST FAIR WEATHER BUSINESS - FINE WHEN ALL IS OPERATING WELL BUT WHEN THERE ARE PROBLEMS (ARISING FROM THE SOFTWARE  ITSELF) YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

MY ADVICE : DONT PUT ANTI-THEFT ON YOUR PHONE. >:(

hi, for no apparent reason, avast anti-theft has locked my phone (siren going etc) and I cannot unlock:

- have tried sending commands from myavast but they time out

- have tried requesting SMS to be sent to friend using recovery on the phone, a dialogue is displayed saying message has been successfully sent but no message is received by my friend. have checked my friend details in myavast and all are correct. however, aafter avast displays the message-sent dialogue, my phone (ie the locked phone) vibrates as if it has received a text message which makes me think the phone is sending message to itself not my friend.

- despite having setup myavast so that it also sends SMS to the portal, no recovery sms messages are show there either.

please can u advise how to fix. thanks
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:01:02 AM by dplynch77@hotmail.com »