Author Topic: Avast went crazy today!!  (Read 2018 times)

pti32

Avast went crazy today!!
« on: April 09, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »
Hi,
I've been using free Avast for few years now, never any problems but today something weird happened! Today I went to (as I usually do) regular torrent tfile.me website! And Avast went crazy - started blocking "harmful page or file" like there was no tomorrow! In few -- 20 seconds   Avast claims to block hundreds of "harmful page or file". So I went to another site --bbc whatever but avast would  not stop blocking...  (bbc worked fine)  and it looked like  all the blocking was related to tfile.me...  so I closed my firefox 28 browser but avast blocked something again... and short time later everything was normal again! I did full time scan with avast - found nothing, and I did  scan with malwarebytes and there was nothing. (I thought maybe there was an attack on my pc)
An hour later I went to tfile.me again and the same thing happened to me again! I checked a "component status" in avast: I have - "2565 viruses blocked in last 30 days"!! Can't make this up, all but 4 "viruses" were blocked today!! What the hell? I know tfile.me is torrent site, but is it possible for  avast to block so much stuff in short period of time?

thanks,

prog. 2014.9.0.2016

win7 home prem.,  64-bit

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Avast went crazy today!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:02:15 PM »
It looks like that site has been severely hacked, how is the computer behaving otherwise

pti32

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:25:20 PM »
PC works fine.

thanks,

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:43:40 AM »
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:52:19 AM by Pondus »