Author Topic: C:\hiberfil.sys is infected by Win32:Hupigon-ONX [Trj]  (Read 4125 times)

REDACTED

C:\hiberfil.sys is infected by Win32:Hupigon-ONX [Trj]
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:03 PM »
Hello, i done boot scan once a month and in last scan i done (25.05.2014.), avast show me one new infected file:
C:\hiberfil.sys is infected by Win32:Hupigon-ONX [Trj], Move to chest: Error 0xC000007F {An operation failed because the disk was full.}

I open C:\ directory and file hiberfil.sys does not exist. I also done scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (last version) and no file were infected by their database. My frend told me he done scan today and he also have same problem as me with hiberfil.sys file when scaning with avas boot scan.
I found few topics about hiberfil.sys file here on forum.avast.com but none of them is solved.

So what the problem? Is that false positive file or am infected?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: C:\hiberfil.sys is infected by Win32:Hupigon-ONX [Trj]
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:44:25 PM »
follow instructions and attach OTL diagnostic log    https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:43:47 PM »
Disable hibernation, reboot the computer and then re-enable hibernation if you need it

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »
Disable hibernation, reboot the computer and then re-enable hibernation if you need it

Thanks it fix problem!