Author Topic: Dafuq just happened?  (Read 2480 times)

REDACTED

Dafuq just happened?
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:20:08 PM »
So I was in the middle of playing League of Legends , listening to Dan Bull on YouTube,when I was interrupted by a message by avast saying that it has detected malware on my computer.As a person with extremely high paranoia about internet security I immediately minimized my game and looked into the issue. There were two pop up windows ( at least I think so , maybe one saying it has found it and one that it has cleaned it) and one of them was saying that it has detected League of Legends of my D drive as a malware? I have absolutely no idea how a malware could get into my computer since I do daily scans and haven't downloaded anything and I have AdBlock enabled on most sites ( except YouTube , twitch.tv , neogaf...). I wanted to look at all the pop up messages but I can't find that option anywhere? I can still run the LoL client. Can someone help?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: Dafuq just happened?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:58:13 PM »
I have absolutely no idea how a malware could get into my computer 
no security program have 100% detection

right click tray icon ..... see last popup (will not work if you have rebooted)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 12:00:35 AM »
The last pop up now is that the program has updated to the version 140827-1. I'm currently doing a full scan,will post the results. Even though I really don't know why it would label LoL as a malware.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 12:34:05 AM »
Completed the full scan and the computer is clean. I have no idea what happened.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 01:55:47 PM »
Sorry for triple post,but I just did a full scan with kaspersky and it didn't detect anything either. Was this a false positive?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
Do you have avast and Kaspersky installed?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 04:30:07 PM »
No, I uninstalled Avast before installing Kaspersky.