Author Topic: can i activate avast premium? cellphone lost  (Read 1850 times)

Offline manolowally

can i activate avast premium? cellphone lost
« on: December 08, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »
my lost  phone already has Anti-theft rooted so I know anti-theft can survive a factory reset but besides location now i would like to activate more advance features like record audio and take picture. I just bought avast premium using my laptop and got an avast license key but record audio and take picture are not activated ..can I activate avast premium from my computer so rooted anti-theft in lost cellphone activates advance features like record audio and take pictures? please help
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 08:21:54 AM by manolowally »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: can i activate avast premium? cellphone lost
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »
If you connected you phone to your profile, use http://my.avast.com to control the phone.
If you have setup another phone or such on the stolen phone, you can send commands to it from that other phone.

Read the manual to see what your options are:
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf

Offline manolowally

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »
thank you for reply but my english reading is not so good. ..my main question is if is posible to upgrade from avast mobil free to avast mobil premium without having my phone physically with me? ..my lost phone has anti-theft rooted and I have maded connection to lost phone with Request Location already but I want to upgrade antitheft to use Record audio/take picture/get data command... can I just upgrade from my avast account?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »
my main question is if is posible to upgrade from avast mobil free to avast mobil premium without having my phone physically with me?
No, that is not possible since you can't tell the phone to install it without having access to your phone.
my lost phone has anti-theft rooted and I have maded connection to lost phone with Request Location already but I want to upgrade antitheft to use Record audio/take picture/get data command... can I just upgrade from my avast account?
As has been explained in the manual, you can only use certain commands if you have gave the permission for it. If you haven't while you still had the phone, there is nothing you can do about it now.

Since the location command is working, go to the police.
Report the phone as stolen and tell them that there is the option to locate it.
After that it is up to them to take action.