Author Topic: How to install a old virus definition file and search modul?  (Read 2430 times)

REDACTED

How to install a old virus definition file and search modul?
« on: April 29, 2015, 02:01:11 PM »
i give up.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: How to install a old virus definition file and search modul?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 02:10:34 PM »
why do you want to install a old virus definition file?
anyway, as far as i know it is not possible, only lates is available for download and is updated evry day  https://www.avast.com/download-update
and avast will autoupdate to latest when connected so dont understand what it is you are trying to do here!!

what do you mean by  search module?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:29:10 PM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 03:54:12 PM »
not only the virus definition wil be updated, there is a search-module which also be updated sometimes when you use a old program version its always possible to use new virus definition, because the search engine will be also updated.
https://forum.avast.com/?topic=169233.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 04:44:58 PM »
Provided you have a relatively recent version of avast (see https://www.avast.com/download-update) then it would be using the same type/version of the VPS.

So avast 9 or avast 10 would be using the same virus definitions update from within the avastUI.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 04:45:46 PM »
Referring to the link that you have provided. Is your support ticket being replied from time to time? Make sure you follow the support technician exact instruction? On that link read Asyn first comment he said "Other security related software installed". If you can't remember or forgot what antivirus software your computer got installed I am sure these issue(s) will be coming up and I think these issue(s) are related to that. What antivirus software did your computer come pre-installed with? In your 5th comment you even mentioned that you are using an very outdated version of Avast version 6.0.1506.

Did you do a complete scan of malware by Malwarebytes antimalware and superantispyware and avast? Also did you do a scan with AdwCleaner? If no malware found, my best suggestion is to back up all of your personal files and do a factory recovery of your computer. After that make sure you have the latest Service Pack (SP3) and install all important updates. Once that has been done, uninstall your current antivirus software via add/remove and follow the instructions. After that has been done, download it's uninstall utility https://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/ and run it in safe mode. Once that has been done. Reinstall avast and after installation has been done it will do a quick start up scan. Once done, restart your computer manually and after restart register your copy of avast.

That's up to you or you can find another antivirus. If you get another antivirus, uninstall avast via add/remove, download it's uninstall utility and run it. The tool will let you know that this tool will run your computer automatically in safe mode, click ok on both, and follow the instructions. After that install your new antivirus, depending upon the antivirus installed it will let you know to restart your computer in order for the installation to be successfully. If it doesn't say, restart your computer manually.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:10:32 PM »
good idea, but  the last 5 years was only avast installed and i used te avastclear removal tool alot of times without any effect. last week was it good, but today was the error again. i dont believe that it have to do with my computer.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 08:27:54 PM »
    dont believe that it have to do with my computer. 
To find out, post Farbar Recovery Scan Tool logs