Author Topic: Update fails  (Read 6832 times)

ist

Update fails
« on: September 22, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »
Hi,

I can't update avast mobile since I installed it. And (personally I believe this is a consequence of the first issue, because you probably cannot scan when the current virus signatures version happens to be UNKNOWN) every application I have is reported as a problem during scan – due to "invalid context during scan".

The update fails due to "The downloaded virus definitions were invalid. Please try again later".

I know there is nothing wrong with the update server, because I have installed since avast mobile on my Android phone and it simply works. It's an Android tablet we're talking about. Obviously, the tablet and the phone are connected to the world by the same wireless network.

I have removed / re-installed avast numerous times. I have no other security product to interfere with the installation. Any ideas will be welcomed.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:36:35 PM by ist »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Update fails
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »
Hi,

where did you download the installation from?

Filip

ist

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »
Google Play

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:49:36 AM »
Is your device rooted?

Filip

EDIT: Bad question. Better should be - are you using any software to edit application permissions?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:03:20 AM by Filip Havlicek »

ist

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »
No.

That's the point. I never considered installing such application and the tablet isn’t rooted.

The only thing I can think of, is the first time I installed avast, AVG antivirus was present (it didn’t complaint, though). As far as I know, AVG doesn’t include anything more than the real-time scanning. AVG is gone for a long time to no avail.

I obviously have other (than avast) applications installed on my tablet. If there was something restricting access on my tablet, I'd know instantly. There isn’t.

kenovi

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
Hi Filip & Ist,

Any update on this issue? I just confirmed that I have the same issue as per Ist and getting the "invalid context during scan" error message frequently and it is annoying the hell of me. I have tried to check for updates under Settings > Updates (status unknown was reported). After pressing "check for update now", I get the pop up error message saying:" the downloaded virus definitions is invalid. Please try again later".

Can you please advise how to resolve this? thanks!

svehlak

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 11:04:23 PM »
It could be some compatibility issue - what could help is to celar all avast data (in app manager), stop it, uninstall, do a reboot and install it again. When problem will persist, please try to send us a feedback from settings/about and tick the possibility of sending dump and device log. Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
every time my phone shows virus database is out dated tap to update ,while i click the update button it shows that connection of your internet server is fail, check your internet connection. What i do?????? :-[