Author Topic: User licence  (Read 1314 times)

REDACTED

User licence
« on: June 10, 2015, 01:45:10 PM »
Can someone explain how a 3 user licence works? Am I able to download Avast on to each machine or is it dependant on the PCs being networked?

As a separate matter it appears that I may have 2 accounts under different email addresses. I have 2 devices registered on one and maybe a third registered on the other. Can I consolidate then somehow?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: User licence
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
It isn't dependant on them being networked, stand alone is fine- you can download your avast program to each system or USB and use that to install, etc. - the multi user license can be applied to each PC (copy it to the other systems).

There isn't any automated way to merge them into one account, that would have to be done manually by one of the avast team. In all honesty I would choose one to be your default/main account email, this would possibly be best done with the account email address that you is used when logging in to the forums.

Unless there is some pressing issue not to use this email, it would save the grief of also changing the my.avast.com logon details, when you logon to the forums that is validated against your my.avast.com account.

So add/link the devices to this my.avast.com account and remove the devices from the other account.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »
I'm not sure how I record my thanks in this forum. So, thanks DavidR

And this verification process is very frustrating!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 03:38:11 PM »
You're welcome.

If by verification process, you mean the captcha function. That is a necessary anti-spam measure to help block spambots, so it needs to be hard. However, it is only for your first three posts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security