Author Topic: 2BrightSparks - SyncBackFree, Pro and all other versions - False Positive?  (Read 2369 times)

REDACTED

Others are reporting 2BrightSparks - SyncBack (all editions) as a false positive, but it took me a while to find anything on Google Search today, so I will repeat problem description;
Everything was working OK for me until today (16-Sep-2015 11:00 PM approx) when Avast (free edition) - virus definitions version 150916-2 (program version 10.3.2225) reported 2BrightSparks\SyncBackupFree was a trojan and moved C:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackFree\SynBackFree.exe to Quarantine (Virus Chest) and then recommended a boot time scan. The boot time scan then reported C:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackFree\RemBlankPwd.exe as a virus and also removed this file to Quarantine (Virus Chest).
Avast (free edition) reports both these files as being infected with Win32:Banker-MCG [Trj].

Solutions:
http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowledgebase/articles/735102-avast-wrongly-detects-win32-banker-mgc-trj

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: 2BrightSparks - SyncBackFree, Pro and all other versions - False Positive?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:19:31 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Forum! :)

The problem seems to be solved.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
Re: 2BrightSparks - SyncBackFree, Pro and all other versions - False Positive?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 01:23:25 PM »
You can restore all files in the to their place of origin

Restoring files from the Virus Chest

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB21#idt_05

if not left any files then you need to reinstall same
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:31:12 PM by jefferson sant »

REDACTED

Problem Solved
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »
It would appear that Avast Virus Definitions 17-Sep-2015 Version 150917-3 no longer reports a Win32:Banker-MCG [Trj] in 2BrightSparks\SyncBackupFree and I have been able to reinstall the program and operate as normal.
Thank you