Author Topic: Need more clarification  (Read 2551 times)

megaman04

Need more clarification
« on: November 26, 2005, 01:13:43 AM »
This is my situation.  I downloaded HijackThis.  It's in a "zip" file.  When I double-click on HijackThis, a fancy Win-Zip window appears.

There are options to choose: "View evaluation license," "Enter registration code," "I Agree," "Quit," and "Ordering Info."  I clicked on "I Agree," and it took me to a window titled, "WinZip (Unregistered) - hijackthis.zip.  There are buttons underneath the title such as: "New," "Open," "Favorites," "Add," "Extract," "View," "Checkout," and "Wizard."  This is where I'm stuck.  I don't know what else to do.

Upon the advice of someone from a forum, I downloaded the 7-zip (7z423.exe) file.  The person said it's better than WinZip.  So I installed it.  There's an icon with 7z423.exe underneath it, but I don't know how to use.

Now I have WinZip and 7-zip.  And I still am not able to use HijackThis.  Anyone who can outline a step-by-step procedure is welcome to tackle my dilemma.  So far, people have tried to give directions, but are unable to include a step-by-step procedure.  I'm hoping for one so that I don't have to keep posting my problem.  Thanks, Megaman

megaman04

Re: Need more clarification
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 03:32:47 AM »
Tech people, you don't have to reply to my inquiries about HijackThis and 7-zip because in another post, someone advised me not to use HijackThis because it can damage a computer system if a person doesn't know what he or she is doing.  I already uninstalled HijackThis and 7-zip.  Thanks, Megaman