Author Topic: just before my text comes on theres three little coulerd triangles all over thee  (Read 3070 times)

stanclayton

please dose any one know wat this is and is it a virus some how a file has gone and i cant run my anti virus avast :-[

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Which is your operational system and avast version?
Can you post a screenshot of that strange triangles?
Are you using any other antivirus in this computer?
The best things in life are free.

stanclayton

im running windows xp  and i cant send a shot because they only appear for a split second .also it is like its running two screens at once my home page is google ang some times you can see another google under neath .when my avast wont run it says im missing the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX . i cannt find it ,also bebefore it stopped working when i set it to scan my archive files as soon as it started it would just say archive file scan dissabled .alsoo y browser home page has nosthen%then nos% like that, HELP

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
You will have to register ACTSKIN4.OCX
Follow the instructions:

Select START -> RUN...

Enter the following command:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX

Press OK (or Enter).
A message saying that the file was successfully registered should appear...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.

If that doesn't work try:
Try what Tech suggested about registering it.
If that doesn't work try, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it.
1. Ad-Aware
2. Spybot Search and Destroy
3. Spywareblaster Don't install this until you are clean.
4. Ewido Security Suite If using winXP.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 06:36:55 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.870) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security