Author Topic: Windows 10 update 1511 clobbers Avast Endpoint  (Read 2551 times)

Offline hillen

Windows 10 update 1511 clobbers Avast Endpoint
« on: March 04, 2016, 05:05:30 PM »
Anyone else out there have Windows 10 Pro x64 update version 1511 absolutely clobber Avast Endpoint? So far two machines have updated to version 1511 and both Avast Endpoint was forcibly removed from both computers during the update leaving them in a disabled state. The update removed / clobber Avast Endpoint leaving the Firewall driver still in place, thus killing all network access ( which in this case was a good thing as the machines could not access the network unprotected ).

Anyone else out there experience this?

REDACTED

Re: Windows 10 update 1511 clobbers Avast Endpoint
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 12:45:33 PM »
Yea i had the exact same problem and had to roll back from 1511 to then completely remove Avast before applying that update again.

The issue then is that when you do update to 1511 you will most likely run into issues with getting Avast Endpoint back onto that machine, main problem is that the Firewall Service just does not start which is not good.

The problem is that if any Avast product was installed previously i got this issue, only solution i could find was a complete re-install of the OS, get it onto Windows 10 1511 build before installing Avast. Which for me was not a solution and instead i migrated over to the newer Cloud Version of the product.

Cloud Version still has problems but at least with this version there is hope they will get fixed.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 02:00:54 AM »
Me too.
The worse thing is it doesn't connect to network.
Have to reinstall avast to get connected to network.
What a shame....

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 04:47:29 PM »
Try to uninstall avast BEFORE upgrade to Win 10. That helped for me.