Author Topic: Avast Deployment - Timeout Period Expired - Error 1460  (Read 1801 times)

REDACTED

Avast Deployment - Timeout Period Expired - Error 1460
« on: March 27, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »
I am deploying to about 12 workstations via SOA and have had 1 success out of 12. I keep getting a Time out Period Expired (1460).

I remoted into one of the workstations and turned on Netbios over TCP and rebooted the machine. It worked.

This appears to be a DNS issue as far as I can figure. Client runs SMB 2011 , AD, DNS, Exchange. I was first thinking this was a misconfigured DNS on the server side but everything seems to work fine. On a whim I went into the workstation and selected Netbios over tcp in the network settings, Rebooted it (just in case) and it succeeded.

Does anyone have an idea why it doesnt work on these workstations? The one that did work didnt have Netbios over tcp selected. Thats the strange part.

My thinking now is that there isnt a problem with the DNS server because of the one workstation that did work. These are all Windows 7 pro 64bit workstations, Dells - They were all installed just recently as replacements for their old XP dell boxes.

Any ideas are welcome,