Author Topic: two versions of Avast causing a confusion to my computer  (Read 1420 times)

Offline veronikafuksova

two versions of Avast causing a confusion to my computer
« on: April 03, 2016, 09:00:20 PM »
Dear Sir/Madam
I am in a trouble because I happened to buy two versions of Avast internet security by my unreasonable thinking and I feel it causes my trouble. What more, I realised after calling the support team that I deleted the invoice email confirmation by avast and therefore I do not know my reference number. I did set up an account on Avast but I cannot find my reference number here either. I am really not sure what to do.
Firstly: My computer seemed to be slow around September and I had a friend of mine who installed new version of software on my computer. Nothing more. Because the new software on my computer was keeping showing me that I do not have protected computer, I bought Avast Internet Security on 8.10.2015. Then I received an email that an annual renewal of Avast Internet security was taken on 18.11.2015. I did not realised that I had already bough an Avast security version last year because the computer 'was showing' that there is no protection. And what more, I happened to delete the invoice of the purchase. The thing is, I do not want to cancel the Avast Internet Security of course, but I need to have only one version of the security because the computer (samsung notebook) keeps showing after switching it on that there is an attack on my computer. Furthermore, it keeps being slow.
Secondly: I would like to buy a new computer actually and stop using the notebook but I am now after these incidents worrying and confused how does it work. How can I install an Avast Internet Security on a new computer without buying a new one if I had already bought the security before.
Please, could someone help me without the fact that I do not have the reference number.
Kind regards,

Veronika Fuksova

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: two versions of Avast causing a confusion to my computer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 09:22:47 PM »
Let's start with checking your system.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0