Author Topic: How to update virus definition database in an offline network? (EPS + SOA)  (Read 3595 times)

REDACTED

Hi,

hope somebody can help me here or point into right direction.

We have installed in our network Small Office Administration and Endpoint Protection Suite. Everything seems to work fine, but how I can update virus definition database without access to internet. Our network is offline and cannot be connected to internet.

Since we have quiet big amount of clients, idea was to update virus definition update on all clients simultaneously over Small Office Administration Console and virus definition database of SOA should be updated twice a week manually. I was looking for the solution already 2 days and didnt found anything I can use. If I download VPS-Update and install it manually, it only updates single client but not virus definitions from SOA.

Thanks!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot

REDACTED

Thanks for your reply.

The article you linked does not really help. I've read it already but it does not describe what exactly to copy. Maybe my english is not that good, so I dont understand, but for me this description of "how update" is very poor :( 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Download and use the Avast VPS update.

REDACTED

VPS updates client virus definitions only. In this case I need to go to each one of 40 pcs. I run VPS update package today on server (same pc where SOA is installed), only local EPS client was updated. All other clients remain with same old virus definition. In SOA is also only old virus definition shown.