Author Topic: Avast Anti-Spam Shield not working - Raised Ticket 130233  (Read 3968 times)

REDACTED

Avast Anti-Spam Shield not working - Raised Ticket 130233
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:09:43 AM »
Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum regarding Anti-Spam Shield not working.  I have raised a ticket #130233 with Avast Support as

"Have installed Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Plus on the Win 2012 R2 server with Exchange Server.  Exchange is up and running but when I look at the Anti-Spam option in the EPSP application it shows the "Protection Status is Service Stopped.  Exchange Shield is waiting for the Exchange Service to Start."

I'm hoping that Avast Endpoint Protection support team is actively monitoring this blog as this ticket has been raised on 12 Jan 2016 and I'm yet to receive a first reply.  The no-response experience from Avast Support is clearly not a good sign!

Anyone who has encountered this issue with their Endpoint Protection Suite Plus?  I would appreciate for any advise or any reference to working solution to this issue.

Cheers,
N.E.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Anti-Spam Shield not working - Raised Ticket 130233
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 02:51:04 AM »
I'm having the same problem. When I submitted a ticket, their automated system noted that they are experiencing an unusually high volume of tickets right now and it may be a while till they get to me.   ???

Any ideas in the mean time? 

Thanks,
Nelson

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:47:32 AM »
nesguerra,

I've notified avast.
Someone will soon respond.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:41:39 AM »
Hello,

For business products, please use http://support.business.avast.com/

Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 01:37:06 PM »
Hello All,

If your having such issue with an Exchange 2013 system, please make sure that you apply the Microsoft Patch prior to installing Avast, then we recommend installing a light installation on the Exchange server to include Antispam, Exchange and File system if you have, other options such as script, web, etc, should not be included to keep your Exchange server from having any complications.

You can find the Patch Below

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42065

Make sure that after the patch you have the following KB Fix below.

Exchange2013-KB2938053-FixIt.zip

After you install Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or you upgrade an existing Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 installation to Exchange Server 2013 SP1, third-party or custom-developed transport agents cannot be installed correctly. Additionally, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service (MSExchangeTransport.exe) cannot start automatically. Specifically, you cannot enable third-party products that rely on transport agents. For example, you cannot enable anti-malware software or custom-developed transport agents. When the installation fails, you also receive an error message that resembles the following: The TransportAgentFactory type must be the Microsoft .NET class type of the transport agent factory.

Thus the reason for the patch.

I hope this helps and if you have any further issue please contact us at absfeedback@avast.com for support.

Kind Regards

Che' Johnson