Author Topic: Unable to log into ADNM console  (Read 4438 times)

stevedaulton

Unable to log into ADNM console
« on: February 10, 2006, 10:23:01 AM »
For the past 8 months or so there has been no trouble at all logging into the ADNM. The other day I went in and added a new user name (just a second one for my use) to be able to login to ADNM. There were 3 users set up: Steven, stevendaulton, and Administrator. The first  two use the same password and the Administrator is the default admin. After rebooting the server for a Microsoft patch (don't know which one), I launched ADNM and tried to log in. None of the name/password combinations would work. Like I said, 8 months - no problems.

Any suggestions? Perhaps a corrupted users table?

We don't have a full version of SQL, just the one with Avast.

One other thing, I attempted to repair Avast through Add Remove Programs, but it gave an error message. So I did the next best thing and updated it - it now reports 4.6.419, but of course I can't get in the ADNM console.

We are running Microsoft SBS2003 SP1 and Avast SBS Suite.

Thanks.
Steven

stevedaulton

Re: Unable to log into ADNM console
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 03:57:50 PM »
Is there any way of changing the password that I can do on my end without completely uninstalling everything and reinstalling? This is not going to be fun at all.

Anyone?

stevedaulton

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 04:08:47 PM »
So, if I need to uninstall everything and reinstall, am I able to copy the folder out so I don't have to redownload the mirror again? This is not cool because Windows is reporting that the Antivirus may be out of date because the ADNM updated the client and I can't log into to it to push out the update to everyone.

Basically, what is the recommended uninstallation/reinstallation process?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:46:06 AM »
Please update to the latest ADNM version (Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> avast Management Tools -> Change/Remove -> Update) and try to log on again.

BTW sorry for the delay. :-\

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

stevedaulton

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 04:30:39 PM »
I believe I tried that, but ended up having to just uninstall the whole thing - including SQL Server. After reinstalling, everything went well.