Author Topic: Problems with Network Neigborhood (probably caused by avast)  (Read 3551 times)

travis

Problems with Network Neigborhood (probably caused by avast)
« on: January 24, 2006, 06:44:18 PM »
I am receiving error, "BEI is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.  The specified network name is no longer available.", when I attempt to browse my network using Network Neighborhood.  I am receiving this error only on computers that have Avast (Managed Version) installed.  The following link is a Microsoft page that states Trend Micro causing the problem.  Since this problem is occurring only on Avast installed computers, I am led to believe that Avast is causing me to receive the above error.  FYI: I am running a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory domain.  My workstations are a mix of XP Pro and 2000.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;318245&spid=1173&sid=73
or
Article ID : 318245

Offline SMPlante

• Avast! newbie
    • Les Services Michel Plante
Re: Problems with Network Neigborhood (probably caused by avast)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 01:28:49 PM »
Hi Travis,

I have the same Avast! installation setup, you have, at one of my customer site and ADNM, Managed Client (both Server/Workstation) is working fine.

Are you sure the managed computer are listed in your Windows 2003 server Domain Computer list ?

If you are not able to managed the listed computer from this liste (in Windows 2003 server) you have another problem than Avast! itself.

Hope this info will help you solving your problem.