Author Topic: No more resident scanner  (Read 1818 times)

liljoekim09

No more resident scanner
« on: March 06, 2006, 04:15:49 AM »
 ???There is no more resident scanner on my computer.  My dad for some reason did something weird with the computer and reformatted it, but has no idea on what he did with the Avast resident scanner.  Whenever the computer turns on, the blue spinning icon does not appear anymore in the taskbar.
I need it back b/c there are some members of the family that are technology illiterate...and just might mess up the computer

So please help me, and yes i've looked in the help sections, and FAQ and could'nt find the solutions.

-JK

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: No more resident scanner
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:03:12 PM »
Somehow I doubt that you dad formatted the computer otherwise it wouldn't turn on, unless he also reinstalled all the programs.

What is your OS ?
Are you getting any error messages ?
Is there anything in the avast! Log Viewer ?
Do you have any other security programs installed AdAware, Spybot, SpySweeper, prevx, etc. ?

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.
If that doesn't work try, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot. - watch for any warnings when you reinstall.
It would probably be best to download the latest version of avast and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security