Author Topic: Fix .scr virus  (Read 2976 times)

REDACTED

Fix .scr virus
« on: March 26, 2017, 09:41:24 AM »
 I had given my external hard disk to a friend whose computer was infected. When I got back my disk, I found that my disk was infected by a virus and it had changed all of my folders to .scr files and they were write-protected. Since I had Avast installed on my computer, it had detected the virus and it recommended me to run a boot time scan to fix it. So I ran a boot time scan and identified some viruses as Win32:SaliCode and Win32:EB-VIK. It repaired some files and the others, it moved to chest. But when the scan was completed, I found that all of my data on the hard disk was gone. But the strange things was that, my disk space was still as if I had all of my files. Please fix this problem Avast. I have very important files on that hard disk.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Fix .scr virus
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »
Attach your basic diagnostic logs. (MBAM, FRST and MCShield)
Instructions: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=194892
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »
Here are my basic diagnostic logs

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 11:50:39 AM »
-Malwarebytes scan log is missing

-MCShield log is missing, this log you copy and paste

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:56:17 AM by Pondus »

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 01:25:10 AM »
Please remove any cracked or pirated software from your system.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

Offline TrueIndian

• Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 01:16:36 PM »
This is the most common USB infection here in india.The problem is not with avast,it removed the infection from your drive.The infection was a file infector which could have messed up your system if avast wouldn't have been there.So avast just saved you a ton of hassle because if this would have got into your computer from the usb drive you will have format the computer.

Wait for instructions from a malware remover for now.

You can't get back your files because they were all infected with the virus when the USB was plugged into the infected system and cannot be repaired since it wrote the malware into your files sadly even if a antivirus can repair the file there is no garuntee the file is clean so avast would have just quarantined all of them.

There is a possibility that Your data may have been hidden by the infection which is easy unhide we can help you with that.Delete the pirated software and cracks,attach the missing logs and follow dbrisendine's steps and beware not to plug the usb back into the infected system from next time and don't doubt your antivirus  ;)

read:
http://miekiemoes.blogspot.in/2009/02/virut-and-other-file-infectors-throwing.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:32:44 PM by TrueIndian »