Author Topic: How long does it take to receive a response to a support ticket?  (Read 4110 times)

BeachWalker

On Sunday, I submitted a support ticket.  It is now Wednesday night and I have not even received an acknowledgement that my support ticket was received.  My ticket number is UFE-640881.   I paid for Avast so that fact that there does not appear to be support people available is disconcerting as my experience with other software vendors is that they normally reply within 24 hours.    Any chance for help with my support request?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How long does it take to receive a response to a support ticket?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
If your problem is one that you are happy to relate on the forums, then someone will try to help without having much of a wait.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:58 AM »
Hello,
I asked somebody from support and he said, that they answer in 1 day. Today (after release v7) they answer in 2 -- 3 days. They answer tickets from the oldest one. You asked very often when you will get answer, so your ticket changes time to newer and moved to newer tickets.

Milos

BeachWalker

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:51:56 PM »
Here was my question to support:
I have Avast 7.0.1407. I use NinjaTrader for daytrading. One of the indicators I use receives data from another server with an IP address of (blocked this in the open forum). I added this IP address to my Friends list in Avast. However, after logging into NinjaTrader I get disconnected from this server after about 30 minutes to an hour. I do not receive any messages from Avast, but I do get a message from NinjaTrader telling me I got disconnected. In addition, the CPU process in the Windows Task Manager for NinjaTrader goes from about 1% to 50% when the indicator server disconnects which causes Ninja to crash. If I totally disable Avast, I do not get any server disconnections nor NinjaTrader crashes. However, I am not comfortable leaving my Firewall off. Any way to fix this issue?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
These ticker style trackers often have problems, as they might well use the http ports, but may not strictly follow http protocol, so this can be an issue for the web shield.

I don't know where you added the IP, but it should be in the avastUI, Settings, Troubleshooting, Redirect Settings, Web, Ignored addresses:
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

BeachWalker

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 04:31:41 PM »
Thank you for those instructions David.  I just added that IP address to Ignored.  Hopefully that solves the problem.  Thank you very much.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »
You're welcome, let us know if that resolves it.

REDACTED

Ticket response
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »
#792136 is my ticket number and i have waited 5 days for a response, i desperately need a refund and no one seems to be even looking at my ticket. how long does it take them to respond?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 01:46:40 PM »
Please (re)search before posting and do not post in threads that are dead for 5(!) years.

Time is normally 1-5 BUSINESS days (depending on how busy it is, if there are holidays and such)