Author Topic: Avast created weird issues to my laptop in the latest version  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Evjls

I was using the latest version of avast premier 17.4.2294 on windows 10 home creators update
Only File shield, web shield, behavioral shield, firewall and Real Site were enabled
I was using comodo firewall and zemana antilogger for months without problems. Then, I switched to avast because I liked it. I was using 17.4.2294 a few weeks ago without problems but in the recent updates, there were some problems

- Wondershare filmora took 5 minutes to open, 0% CPU and disk usage. Tried many times, reboots, no improvement
- Couldn't install kaspersky antiransomware

What I did later:
- Disabled all shields including behavioral shield -> didn't fix
- added exclusion of filmora folder -> didn't fix
- checked "Use nested virtualization where available" -> didn't fix
- repaired avast using control panel -> didn't fix
- Uninstalled and reinstalled using the offline exe -> didn't fix
- Clean installed -> didn't fix

What worked:
- uninstalled avast without a reboot via IObit Uninstaller -> filmora took only 5 seconds to open, immediate improvement :\
- after a reboot, kaspersky antiransomware was installed successfully without any problem

conclusion: avast was definitely the culprit of all problems. Many people have reported the same issues (Overwatch, for example). Please fix it and improve the compatibility

I was using the previous version without problems but this recent version has had many problems

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast created weird issues to my laptop in the latest version
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »
Did you use avastclear ?
Switched from avast to what ?

Never ever use anything from IOBit. (they are thieves and lier)
Comodo needs to go

Offline Evjls

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:05:16 AM »
Did you use avastclear ?
Switched from avast to what ?

Never ever use anything from IOBit. (they are thieves and lier)
Comodo needs to go
I used avastclear. Before installing avast, I uninstalled everything else
I used iobit uninstaller only. I could also use geek uninstaller to uninstall avast.

Now I temporarily use secureaplus and kaspersky antiransomware
I may comeback to avast after a week to see if there is any change
but with my current setup, I can see a significant boost in my laptop performance. Avast 2017 has been too heavy compared to version 12. Most noticeably the boot time

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 12:34:47 AM »
Unless one boots a system many times a day, anything less than three minutes is good.  Boot once and be done.
Windows 11 Home 23H2
Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Avast Premier Security version 24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.868)
UI version 1.0.814

Offline Evjls

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:39:30 AM »
Unless one boots a system many times a day, anything less than three minutes is good.  Boot once and be done.
what do you mean? I don't understand your comment. reboots didn't solve the problem. I tried at least 2 consecutive reboots but it still didn't work. Stopping all shields didn't work. Uninstalling avast without a reboot worked immediately. Therefore, there is something related to avast that made a few programs malfunction

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 01:25:13 AM »
He, 'mchain' isn't saying it resolves it, just that if you 'only' boot once a day or as many do leave their system on 24/7 then you avoid this pain.

It most certainly isn't a resolution.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security