Author Topic: Time delay on internet  (Read 2245 times)

crofty59

Time delay on internet
« on: June 02, 2006, 05:16:01 AM »
Hi

After i connect to the internet i get a time lapse of any where from 1 to 6 minutes before i can use the internet.
Etc click IExplore see hour glass for a few seconds then it dissappears and i must wait for it to work.  Any where from 1 to 6 minutes.

My question is am i still protected by Avast as if i check my zonealarm (free version)
Avast doesn't show up in the firewall until what i clicked IE actually loads.

cheers

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Time delay on internet
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »
After i connect to the internet i get a time lapse of any where from 1 to 6 minutes before i can use the internet.
Strange... Do you mean 1 to 6 minutes after the real connection? Of after logon (boot) Windows?

My question is am i still protected by Avast as if i check my zonealarm (free version) Avast doesn't show up in the firewall until what i clicked IE actually loads.
ZA does not detect avast on purpose... they want to sell their *own* antivirus and their partners... It's ridiculous in my opinion.
Don't worry about ZA detection... let's focus on your connection trouble... can you give us more info about it?
The best things in life are free.

crofty59

Re: Time delay on internet
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 09:04:12 AM »
Hi Tech

Yes after i have connected to the Internet it takes from 1 to 6 minutes before say IE opens.

What i was referring to with Zone Alarm was if you right click the ZA icon in tray and open up the overview.  In programs connected to the net is (Generic Host Process for Win32 Services is listed twice also Zone alarm Client.

But Web Shield does not appear to after the delay. Am i still protected by Avast during this time lapse, I would assume i am with Standard Shield.

The delay problem i am having with the delay i am working on it through LandzDown Forum

http://www.landzdown.com/index.php?topic=8050.0

Cheers Pete