Author Topic: avast doesn't like outlook 2007 beta (at least not upgrade)  (Read 1947 times)

killerost

I'm running avast 4.7.844 and when I installed Office 2007 beta yesterday Avast wouldn't let Outlook upgrade to the new version (2007). When Office 2007 tried to convert the old userdata it just paused. And neither Outlook nor Avast reported anything wrong. So I sat there for several minutes waiting and looking stupid. I closed Outlook and started it again. The same happened. Then I stopped Avast and tried Outlook again and this time it worked fine. I've tried to start Outlook protection again now and it seems to work. It's probably a security function in avast who won't let the upgrade go as planned but you should be informed in a way!?  ;)

errhh.. i'm sorry if the same bug is already reported HERE?   ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 07:09:14 PM by killerost »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast doesn't like outlook 2007 beta (at least not upgrade)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 07:19:57 PM »
avast doesn't block, it only scans content and if infected/suspect it would alert you to the problem. avast isn't a firewall so it will have to be something else in the mix that is blocking the upgrade.

Do you happen to have the MS Desktop Search tool ? This has in the caused issues with Outlook when it was indexing the various mailboxes, etc.

As you mention this has been reported in the forums, but was there anything that might resolve it, like uninstall MS Desktop Search, new 'instant search' in Outlook, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security