Poll

Were you a Norton User before switching to Avast!?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Norton to Avast  (Read 5215 times)

ash

Norton to Avast
« on: December 30, 2003, 08:44:54 PM »
Just wanted to know if Avast is preffered over Norton.
 ;)
I think Avast is going beat Norton shortly 8)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 08:47:11 PM by ash »

aleyah

Re:Norton to Avast
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 09:02:12 PM »
just a week after i migrated from norton to avast i have foud 4 or 5 trojans ignored by norton...

Waldo

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 10:03:44 PM »
Everybody knows that mem-eater and registery bloater Norton is a monster instead of Av for your pc.

Don't be a fool, and kick Norton down the drain, and use Avast!4  ;)

Waldo

Bernie

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 11:01:55 PM »
 :o Having had installed Norton with actuall virus pattern on three different PC's. None of them was protetected of the blaster worm nor Norton did recognize it after scanning or even if was able to remove it... Avast! is the best at the moment.

Waldo

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 11:31:53 PM »
I consider Norton to be malware itself, it crawles all over your registery and is a pain in the ass to remove.

Macafee has the same habits (lots of resouces & reg keys) but has atleast one of the best engines on the planet to find virusses. Deep under the bloated features hides a real good scanner, lol  ;D

stevejrc

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 11:55:15 PM »
My local computer shop wont even sell norton products. Most of the repairs they do are to infected/corrupted pc's running norton. :P

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 01:17:17 AM »
I consider Norton to be malware itself, it crawles all over your registery and is a pain in the ass to remove.

Macafee has the same habits (lots of resouces & reg keys) but has atleast one of the best engines on the planet to find virusses. Deep under the bloated features hides a real good scanner, lol  ;D

I fully agree with Waldo: avast >> McAfee >>>>>> Norton...
Yes, I used both of them before our beloved avast!  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 01:52:22 AM »
I am a mcafee user from version 3.x (Virex for MAC that is)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Dave50

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 05:09:33 AM »
My HP computer came with McAfee and it never worked right.  Even trying a clean install of a retail disk didn't work.  Then I went to Norton.   :'(

Norton -- what can I say.   >:(    Having helped friends with crashing computers and all sorts of application failures due to a conflict with NAV's auto protect and the new version -- 2004 -- garbage.  Literally invades the registry and nearly everything on the computer -- slows down operations, snags start-ups and if you've installed Windows Updates -- forget it.  It's a mess and as Technical will tell you, it's even worse trying to uninstall it.  I found the best way is to just wipe the hard drive, reformat and reinstall XP.

Avast --  ;D -- THE BEST!  Easy to work with, does the job neatly.  And, don't forget, we've got the greatest forum to help us when we have problems or questions.  The Avast Team will not let you down!   :)

Dave