Author Topic: Riskware constant pop up  (Read 3268 times)

REDACTED

Riskware constant pop up
« on: August 03, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »
For 2 days I'm getting constant pop ups saying site was blocked due to malware.  The domain name of the site blocked is Adult.yourblocksite.com   Every pop up has a different IP address.  I've cleared my history and Google history.  I've used Google cleanup, Malware Bytes, C/C Cleaner and Microsoft Security Essentials (all currently running on my computer.  The warning says 'outbound', which confuses me.

I am the only user of this computer and am a 67 year old grandma.  The ONLY THING I did was to open a few emails that were selling wine, male enhancers and 'let us buy your timeshare' to block them.  I did NOT go to any websites. 

I searched my computer C: for this and found nothing.  C:\Program Files (86)\Google\Chrome\application\Chrome.exe   

My computer is old. I bought it used a few years ago and use Windows 7 as an OS and Chrome. 

Can you guide me? 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Riskware constant pop up
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 03:45:08 PM »
Attach your basic diagnostic logs. (MBAM and FRST)
Instructions: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=194892
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »
Found the pages you requested.  See links below.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:31:25 PM by tavegia »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 07:31:04 PM »
Malware forum said to remove the Malware website blocker.  That seemed to do the trick. 

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 01:08:49 PM »
Hi tavegia,

Alert = due to PUP-adware, do you work a decent adblocker, like for instance uBlock origin?
I never go without an adblocker like uBlock and a script-blocker like uMatrix.
Without these I feel rather "naked" in a browser of choice, and all sort of ad-snakes can get at me.

Mind you, even the removal site for this PUP-adware is being blocked by the MalwareBytes Beta Extension as
We strongly recommend you do not visit this site. Website blocked:
https://howtoremove.guide/adult-yourblocksite-com-malware-remove/

Adware-PUP means potential unwanted adware program, especially when you install it without knowing,
what it does or what is about to perform on your OS.
One is always unwise to let unknown applications install itself just out of the blue! ;)

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!