Author Topic: Going from Windows 95 to 98 new computer  (Read 4321 times)

gjpetersen

Going from Windows 95 to 98 new computer
« on: January 09, 2004, 09:54:04 PM »
Since I will be getting a new computer in a few days :) my question is...do I uninstall the anti-virus from this computer? I want to put the same program on my new Windows 98  :) What do I need to do? I believe I am already register with you. I like the program very much and I am getting accustomed to it. Please help me.
Thank you for you time. gjpetersen starquality12001@yahoo.com

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Going from Windows 95 to 98 new computer
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 10:02:01 PM »
If you want to know about the legality of using avast! in two home computers, I think it's ok, you don't have to register again and could use the same Registration key (unless the Alwil team has something different to tell).

On other way, avast! works perfectly into Windows 98 and you could have your new computer running smoothly  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 02:54:17 AM »
all new PC come with XP  in 6 days M$ puts EOL on 98 and 98 SE
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Just1Vet

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 04:52:09 PM »
Yep, better make a run to windows update and download everything you might use. 16th is the drop dead date for support.

FYI: I have not had all that great of luck with MS driver updates. I tend to shy away from them unless that particular driver is giving me problems to begin with. ;)