Author Topic: Email is being tagged  (Read 4366 times)

djdsk8

Email is being tagged
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:36:48 PM »
Good afternoon,

Hope you having a great day.  A few of our employees have a "problem" with their emails being tagged with "[avast suspicious]".  At first it conserned me because they had attachments on the emails, so I scanned and everything was clean.  Now they are having emails with no attachements tagged.  This is a problem because it frightens some of our clients who don't read our emails or just delete them.

We are running a Win 2003 server with "avast! 4 Small Business Server Edition", about 42 workstations with "avast! NetClient Edition", and we also have "avast! Distributed Network Manager" installed on the server.  We have a large number of clients who we email at about 100 at a time which have sometimes been tagged.  We also email individual clients and have had them tagged.  I have read other places on the web that bulk emails may be marked as suspicious.  Is there anyway to turn off the addtion of "[avast suspicious]" to our own emails?

Also when we received our licence file we uploaded it to our server (the server now showes unlimited) but the clients still say the licence is managed and ''...only for the next 21 days."  Before we bought the licenses we installed the trial managed version on the server and workstations.  Do I have to manually go and update the client computers licence or is there a way to update them from the server?

Thank you for your time and support!
~David

djdsk8

Re: Email is being tagged
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 11:14:36 PM »
You can disable adding the tag: in the ADNM console, go to your on-access scanning task properties, select page Heuristics in Outlook/Exchange and select 'Let it be delivered' under Silent Mode.

Ok thankyou vojtech! I found the answer to the email problem, but I still don't know about the licensing part.

"Also when we received our licence file we uploaded it to our server (the server now showes unlimited) but the clients still say the licence is managed and ''...only for the next 21 days."  Before we bought the licenses we installed the trial managed version on the server and workstations.  Do I have to manually go and update the client computers licence or is there a way to update them from the server?"

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 08:57:22 AM »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

djdsk8

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »
Thanks Vlk I appreciate the responce and now I know to install the license on the laptops but not to worry about the desktops.  Thanks again, you saved me a bunch of time!

djdsk8

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 09:05:29 PM »
Everything was going along fine and now I have that tag [avast suspicious] on some of the emails again. :(

previously I changed "Outlook/Exchange" to "Let it be delivered" (see attached)

Now I have changed "Internet Mail" to "Let it be delivered" (see attached)

Hopeing that this will fix the problem.  Any other ideas as to why they would be tagged again?  Did I miss something?