Author Topic: Who supports full disclosure?  (Read 2136 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Who supports full disclosure?
« on: August 09, 2006, 10:36:35 PM »
Hello malware fighters,

Should information about malware, exploits, executables, holes etc. that knowingly  resides with black hats or with security sites that pay for these info be freely available for full disclosure, so everybody can be protected against threats out there, so-called full disclosure?

Fact is that some security vendors release the information only gradually because this is a financial benefit. Some people stay at risk that way because of unknown risks.

Do you believe in the phrase: "What I do not know cannot hurt me, this makes me sleep better at night", or do you think that knowing about how to protect against threats should be freely available. Knowledge is power.

What is your personal point of view. You all know of the new offensivecomputing project that aims to achieve this, I posted about this to-day. Anxious to hear your side of the story?

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

CharleyO

Re: Who supports full disclosure?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:02:40 PM »

From my point of view, it is better to have free full disclosure. When it comes to being on the internet, what you do not know can certainly harm you and your computer.