Author Topic: Site Inspector  (Read 1988 times)

drhayden1

Site Inspector
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »
http://www.paessler.com/psi

Anybody know anything about this???

Site Inspector is a Web browser that combines the two most frequently used browser engines (Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Gecko) into one program. Its advanced web page analysis features make it the perfect companion for webmasters and web developers. Paessler Site Inspector works like an x-ray device, allowing you to peer into the working of website pages and expose their secrets. With Site Inspector’s very own browser, the Analyzing Browser, users can switch between the two browser engines with just one mouse click, e.g., to compare the rendering of a page in both browsers. The sophisticated web page analysis functions - which also integrate into Internet Explorer and Firefox - make analyzing and debugging web sites easy....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 10:10:32 PM by drhayden1 »

dk70

Re: Site Inspector
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 09:46:45 PM »
Ok tool I guess but at least Firefox users already have enough. Firebug, Web Developer Toolbar can do this and more. The 2 browser interface, well also covered thrugh extensions like IETab or just a matter of changing windows. Does too little but perhaps useful for IE users who have no clue or desire for Firefox/Mozilla stuff - or Opera users... I belive it run Firefox as activeX embedded somehow - see folder of Site Inspector, only reason it ask for where your FF is installed is because of toolbar. What version of FF is used for rendering what you see? I think old one so may be not even useful, 1.0.x is not supported any more.