Author Topic: Avast screensaver window  (Read 6181 times)

Vazel

Avast screensaver window
« on: September 24, 2006, 09:40:35 AM »
Is there anyway to disable that avast window that pops up in the screensaver? I love the ability to scan while the screensaver is on but can that little blue window go away? It doesn't work well with a 3D screensaver i have, it makes the screensaver flicker.

Also, when the anti-virus scan finishes does it immediately start again or does it take a break for a couple days? I leave my PC on 24/7 so it would probably not be ideal to have it scan constantly when in screensaver.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 10:11:54 AM by Vazel »

roro

Re: Avast screensaver window
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:54:42 AM »
Vazel,
When you set Avast as your screen saver, click on the settings box.  May sure the loop scanning box is not checked.  That way Avast won't immediately start scanning again. 
I don't know if you can disable the Avast Pop Up window.

Ro Ro 8) 8)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast screensaver window
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 03:48:50 PM »
Is there anyway to disable that avast window that pops up in the screensaver? I love the ability to scan while the screensaver is on but can that little blue window go away? It doesn't work well with a 3D screensaver i have, it makes the screensaver flicker.
It will be good if we can configurate it, but we can.
I've asked Alwil a lot of times, a long time ago, that we could have a 'fixed' bar at the bottom or at the top of the screen with the scanning progress.
We can be able to control the background and text color too.
But, maybe I'm asking too much to them.
avast is the only antivirus with screensaver scanner (as far I know)  ;)

Also, when the anti-virus scan finishes does it immediately start again or does it take a break for a couple days? I leave my PC on 24/7 so it would probably not be ideal to have it scan constantly when in screensaver.
Follow Roro's solution  8)
The best things in life are free.