Author Topic: avast! Browser, huge potential but a bit lacking  (Read 1161 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
avast! Browser, huge potential but a bit lacking
« on: November 19, 2020, 07:40:03 PM »
As it turns out avast! browser actually has potential and especially since it comes with working sync on iOS too now (sort of).

Things I miss and would like to see in it:
- make all the "shields" less clunky. Move them under one shield and make them easier to control. Sort of like Brave's shield is designed would be much better.
- Include "I don't care about cookies" option coz those cookie notifications are just pure outrageously annoying nonsense no one cares about, but it's in your face on every page.
- Add basic 4 directions mouse gestures
- Add option to disable closing of entire browser when closing the last tab in browser
- Easier access to PiP controls. The "on video" button like in Firefox or Opera is more obvious and convenient than toolbar button. I wouldn't mind if both are available.

Additionally:
- Fix bookmarks syncing and sorting between Windows and iOS. Something is really broken there as bookmarks on PC look fine, but on iOS, they are a total mess. "Other bookmarks" is there, but its content is just tossed inside iOS bookmarks root. But not all from the looks of it. I know I should post this separately under iOS, but for now I'll have it here as "also" mention.

I never thought I'd be considering avast! browser, but it's actually pretty close to what I'd expect from a decent browser. With some touchups and additions. I really don't like adding extensions for stuff that should be the default in every browser. Like Ad blocker or HTTPS Everywhere and mouse gestures. I really like vivaldi in that regard, but they don't have iOS version yet and that's a big no no for me.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog