Author Topic: full system sca - avast home free  (Read 2812 times)

suck

full system sca - avast home free
« on: October 20, 2006, 09:43:50 AM »
hi,
is there a way to have avast scan the whole drives and showing a warning message after every found item that is infected ??
I would like to have the drives scan and than a summary report of found infections so than I could decide what to do with them

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
Re: full system sca - avast home free
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 10:22:54 AM »
Hi suck , welcome .
What you are asking is pretty well the default of the Avast! scanner.

Start the scanner , (right click the "a"ball  in your taskbar and select "Start Avast! Antivirus" ) or, Start , Programs , Avast! Antivirus.
The memory scan will begin , then a "splash screen" with instructions on simple tasks will appear with Avast! scanner Interface .
At the top left of the Interface there's a tab which will drop down all your options. You can set up everything , such as Logging by selecting "settings" . Go through them and read the simple instructions on the Splash Sceen . 
scan the whole drives
Either go to the Tab and select your options for the scan .
You can select to scan your Hard drive(s) by clicking on the picture of a Hardrive on the right of the silver panel interface , the top one.
A sensitivity option panel will appear , Quick , Standard , or Thorough ; with an option to scan Archive files. Make your selection. Click the "Play" button . (Middle Left)
Hope that helps,that's why we're here , plus  reading the simple instructions is a great idea  ;)

suck

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »
I did what you've suggested and looked through the settings but still can't find the one that will stop avast from poping up a windows every time it finds something during the scan :/

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 10:53:59 AM »
I guess you wanted to write "...not showing..." in your first post.

In the Professional version of avast!, it is possible - you can configure the automatic action to be performed with infected files (and the action can also be "nothing").
In the Home version of avast!, there is no such option directly; when the first virus is detected, you can check the "Don't show this window next time" option in the virus dialog and you'll get the report in the end.