Author Topic: AVG Antispyware updates  (Read 8309 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: AVG Antispyware updates
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 01:12:24 PM »
I never changed from the old Ewido and so far, no problems with updates.    :)
I've read (can't find where...) that ewido support will end at the beginning of the next year, forcing all to move to AVGas.
Is this true?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 01:24:03 PM »
I've read it somewhere too... maybe in forums,, hell knows  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 01:48:34 PM »
I haven't read anything directly about ewido support ending, but it something to be expected, then who knows, move to avg-as or another anti-spyware. I know I won't put up with poor update servers, that was a major reason for dumping AVG AV for avast over two and a half years ago.

I have been looking at other anti-spyware programs, Superantispyware and spyware terminator, they lasted about two weeks each, neither of which are still on my system. I much preferred the Ewido interface, speed and stability. I may even be forced to look at paid for options ;)
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 03:50:20 PM »
I know I won't put up with poor update servers, that was a major reason for dumping AVG AV for avast over two and a half years ago.
I almost gave up on SpyBot for this reason... Yeah, I've left AVG years ago because of this and the poor configurability of its antivirus  :)
The best things in life are free.