Poll

How would you classify Avast's responce time to viruses in General :

Perfect, all the virus I sent were added in the next Update
Good, all the virus I sent were added within a week
Fair, all the virus I sent were added within two week
Bad,all the virus I sent were added in 2 - 8 weeks
I don't know, they haven't been added yet
I don't know I have never a sample before

Author Topic: Avast Update Speed  (Read 4072 times)

mouniernetwork

Avast Update Speed
« on: January 27, 2007, 06:17:45 PM »
How would you classify Avast's responce time to viruses in General :
Please share your thoughts.

Thank You

Al968

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Update Speed
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 07:46:35 PM »
I feel there is one response missed out, 'I have never submitted a sample' this would be true for a great many avast users including those on the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mouniernetwork

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:58:12 PM »
Sorry, I left that option out because I thought that users who never submitted a sample wouldn't vote  ;)
But since you ask I will add this option

Al968

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 08:11:07 PM »
That is probably be correct, but we wouldn't have know that I feel it could give the poll more balance. There are some people who are prolific at submitting samples, where they get them from amazes me, certainly not through everyday browsing.

Perhaps I lead a sheltered life ;D exercising safe hex, but the samples I do come across I usually submit from the avast chest, certainly for me they do seem to get a higher priority to the 4000+ emails received at virus@avast.com each and every day
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free  24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.862) UI 1.0.814/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 11:55:23 PM »
 :) IMHO The update speed has a diret proportion to the quantity of people that work in the vrus laboratory, analysing new threats. ::)

mouniernetwork

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 02:49:57 AM »
:) IMHO The update speed has a diret proportion to the quantity of people that work in the vrus laboratory, analysing new threats. ::)

Yes I agree with that, however I also think that the system has a lot of impact on that also.

Al968

mouniernetwork

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »
That is probably be correct, but we wouldn't have know that I feel it could give the poll more balance. There are some people who are prolific at submitting samples, where they get them from amazes me, certainly not through everyday browsing.

Perhaps I lead a sheltered life ;D exercising safe hex, but the samples I do come across I usually submit from the avast chest, certainly for me they do seem to get a higher priority to the 4000+ emails received at virus@avast.com each and every day

I guess you must have submitted a virus that other people got also  ;)

The point that I am trying to make is that as Avast is getting more popular it's very likely that Avast's virus Analyser are going to receive more and more sample , so Avast should work on that problem before it gets too late.

Al968