Author Topic: what about an option to automatically send suspicious attachments to chest  (Read 3048 times)

treker96mk2

in the email scanner options heuristics it mentions suspicious attachments. what about an option to send those files automatically to chest?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:06:42 AM by treker96mk2 »

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
I think you are asking the same question as here

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=26259.0

alanrf gives good reasons why not  8)

treker96mk2

ok i just thought it would be faster then saving the attachment and send to chest and then forwarding to avast. so far iv been just forwarding the email to virus@avast.com but i have found out that's not the best way.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
No,  just forwarding the email doesn't work too well. The attachment probably just gets stripped off on the way in.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
in the email scanner options heuristics it mentions suspicious attachments. what about an option to send those files automatically to chest?
I'm not sure, so I'll make a question to Alwil team:
Won't the automated actions of Professional version be able to do this?
I mean, do the automated actions will be applied to the Heuristic Modules of Internet Mail provider (and Outlook plugin) or not? In the Professional version, what does the option 'Silent Mode' do?
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
No, I'm afraid the automated actions do not apply for e-mail heuristics; the silent mode is the only available option here.
That will probably change, but not before avast! 5.